Survival guide for marketing managers, applicable to legal marketing (1)
The LinkedIn team has published a guide to help marketing managers survive in the new landscape generated by the pandemic crisis. In this sense, this guide can be very useful for those involved in legal marketing.
From this guide, we would like to highlight the first chapter of this guide, which talks about the resilience of the marketing manager. Particularly in times when companies are cutting their costs to carry out marketing campaigns, the marketing manager has to show his or her effectiveness and know-how to provide services in the most innovative way.
Advice on how to stay resilient:
1. Give importance to your rest, stay well fed and hydrated as much as possible.
2. Plan key tasks according to the times of day when you feel most naturally energised.
3. Think about the situation by segmenting it into different phases: if you have to accommodate a higher workload initially, can you plan the transition to a more sustainable routine?
4. Prioritise around key tasks to keep focus and flow.
5. Practice flexibility as part of the telework package: try to use strategic breaks from tasks (i.e. innovate in the way you work) to increase productivity.
6. Ask for things you would not normally ask for. You may find professional support in colleagues or departments that you did not imagine.
7. Plan to keep marking some deliveries regularly (and daily if possible) to get an increase in your energy.