"Blockchain is a stakeholders focused solution"
1. Have you had the opportunity to implement Smart Contracts in a company? Or any blockchain empowered tools implemented in companies?
We co-created a Blockchain for supply chain use case platform with a US based tech giant.
Woven into the track & trace, eCommerce focused capabilities is the use of smart contracts to ensure implementation of global and localised trade across the value chain. Firstly focused on human hair extensions trade but being evolved to encompass other sectors.
2. List the benefits generated by the implementation of blockchain in a company?
1) Quality authentication: ensuring that counterfeit products are prevented from entering the supply chain.
2) Convenience for salon owners, who now no longer have to take flights to China, India and elsewhere to source extensions in person, but can achieve that via remote order placements.
3) Evolving the mainly informal sector trapped salons, which are family owned, towards participating in the mainstream economy, with traceable records, required to achieve financial inclusion.
3. Which are the challenges involved in implementing a blockchain tool in a company?
Blockchain is a stakeholders focused solution. Brokering stakeholders buy in at various tiers of the supply chain has proven critical. Fortunately we've got a solid track record in working across Africa's emerging markets, this proved to be a tangible foundation.