DLA, Ashurst, PWC and more. Know the winners of UK Social Mobility Awards 2020
The UK Social Mobility Awards has published a list of the winners for 2020, which rewards lawyers and firms that promote and facilitate social mobility within the UK market.
The awards aim to reward those firms that set social mobility on an equal footing with other diversity issues, where the innovation of their projects is measured.
The awards, which were presented on 8 October, include 12 prizes, 3 of which are individual and 9 of which are corporate. Nominations were open from 27 April to 10 July 2020.
Among the winners are renowned law firms or lawyers in the legal sector such as Allen & Overy, PWC, KPMG, DLA Piper or Ashurst.
Below is the list of winners:
- Organisation of the year: PWC
- Community Programme of the Year: KPMG
- Leadership of the Year: Greene King
- Selection program of the year: Ashurst
- Progression programme for the year: HM Revenue & Customs
- Innovation: Brighton and Sussex medical school
- School of the year: Tile Cross Academy
- University of the Year: University of Derby
- Small Business of the Year: JBM
- Champion of the year: Sandra Wallace (DLA Piper)
- Mentor of the Year: Joanna Huhges (Allen & Overy)
- Rising star: Ester Pink (Civil Service Fast Stream and Early Talent)