BTI Consulting explains clients´ needs regarding RFPs
According to an article issued by BTI Consulting on the 15th of July 2020, after the beginning of the transition out of the COVID-19 pandemic, clients are now issuing RFPs (request for proposals), inviting small- and medium-size firms. In the US, legal decision makers are sending their RFPs to 9 – 12 law firms.
6 points are emphasized regarding RFPs:
1. Predictability and Certainty are demanded, regarding both time and money.
2. New ideas and approaches are requested, as new ideas are the biggest benefit of the RFP process.
3. Customization is important, showing understanding and compliance for the clients´ workforce issues.
4. Solutions are required, as clients are looking for a path forward and for risk management.
5. A concise and brief proposal with a good strategy section is valuable.
6. Fees should be fixed rather than per hours.
To sum up, what clients are searching for now is a customized approach with predictability, as they run low on patience following the hardships of the coronavirus crisis. Thus, strategy and approach should be clearly highlighted in the RFP protocol, and fees should be fixed, saving discussions about hours or discounts, and meeting the needs of the clients.